Makeup Sponge Mission

I am currently obsessed with finding the perfect makeup sponge. I have purchased mine at Sally Beauty Supply for the past 10 years. Each time I go to buy one, they either have one or none left. I buy the large size of the Face Secrets Professional Foundation Round Sponge. They sell the small size in a bag (which I don't like) or the large size in an individual package for about $1.19 or so. I would be willing to pay about $5.00 for the large size because these sponges last so long and they work great!

I have tried the cheap triangles and they just don't work for me. I have also tried the red sponge type and it was horrible! The small sponges that come in makeup compacts don't work for everyday use - only in travel or work situations. I have also read that the best way to apply your foundation is with your fingers. I know some MAC experts prefer to use brushes to apply foundation. This sounds a little messy to me and very time consuming when you think of cleaning and maintaining those brushes.

Do you have a foundation applicator that works for you?? I am on a mission to find the perfect applicator and let everyone know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with the artists, I use only a brush! Once you've tried a good one, you'll never use a sponge again. My brush is by Estee Lauder, costs around $30 and has lasted me 3 years and still going strong. They do take a few tries to get the technique down since brushes take less foundation and do more spreading then soaking up. I don't like to use sponges since they breed bacteria faster then a brush and most of the make up on your face ends up in the sponge. Plus, brushes you can wash with your face soap and warm water.

Bridgett, Queen Creek

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...