Today I feel special. I am wearing $125/ounce facial cream. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a sample of this miracle cream. I have been waiting over 10 years to try this stuff!

So what is it? Crème de la Mer was conceived under extraordinary circumstances. Years ago, Dr. Max Huber, an aerospace physicist, suffered a horrific accident — a routine experiment exploded in his face — covering him with severe chemical burns. Neither science nor medicine offered sufficient promise of help, so Huber decided to help himself. Twelve years and 6,000 experiments later, he perfected the Crème that would help give skin a dramatically smoother appearance. Today, Crème de la Mer’s Miracle Broth(TM) is manufactured by the same slow, meticulous bio-fermentation process created by Dr. Max Huber. And because kelp has natural anti-microbial properties, only the tiniest amounts of preservatives are necessary to maintain its long shelf life. This extraordinary Crème must be individually hand-filled in order to sustain its delicate balance.

The verdict: Well, I have used it for two nights in a row. When I applied it, I rubbed it together to warm it up and then patted it on my face and neck. The salesperson was very adamant about how it should be patted on versus slathered or rubbed onto the face. After I applied it I felt nothing. However, the next morning, my skin was supple and very moist. I am not sure if it did much to improve my skin. I am sure the results are seen over time but I don't know if I want to make that type of investment. It is $125/ounce on their website and the salesperson told me the price would be going up about $10/ounce on August 1st. For this kind of investment, I would like to see instant results on my fine lines and I did not see those results.

The company is now owned by Estee Lauder. Here is the official website : http://www.cremedelamer.com/

Have you used Creme de la mer? Do you have friends who swear by it? Let us know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the fortunate opportunity to receive a sample of this very special seakelp moisturizer that given the price was going to make my face look and feel 10 years younger. The sales lady was very specific to rub the cream to activate it and pat on skin. I truly have been dissappointed, I have used it for the last 4 days (it really does go a long way) but my skin is oily and I am getting acne. I will use it until my sample is gone but will be going back to my Oil of Olay immediately after:) Thank you for expanding my moisturizer horizons Moody!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...